Time is flying by already. Trevor was 3 weeks old yesterday. He is sweet and cuddly during the day (because he sleeps most of it) and a stinker in the evening. I'm afraid this little guy has colic from around 6:30 to 9:00pm. He'll stop crying if we push him in the stroller or give him a bath...that's about it. :( I looked up colic on the internet and it starts at 3 weeks, peaks at 6 weeks, and is usually gone by 12-14 weeks. There were about 10 signs of true colic when they are upset and he has all of them. It's an immature digestive tract that causes the crying. He falls asleep, then seconds later, draws his knees up quickly and cries. He roots a lot, but is not hungry. Feeding them a lot during his "time" actually makes it worse. Poor booger...we can make it. I know how fast weeks go by and it will be over before we know it..anyone want to babysit tonight?! From about 6-9? hehe
Look at his cute old man pants! He loves napping in the boppy lounger.
Check out man hands.
In the swing...which does not work by the way. Battery acid ate the spring in the battery pack. Gotta get that fixed...it might be soothing in the evening.
And last....sleeping in the moses basket. He's hanging on to the edge of the basket. Maybe he's got the spins :)


3 comments:
We missed you today!!
Trevor is just adorable and I can't wait to meet him! When Brayden was little (he spent his first 5 weeks in the nicu) I thought he had colic when we brought him home. He had all of the symptoms. It turned out to be lactose intolerance. I know thats pretty uncommon but I thought I'd throw it out there!
1) I still have the same swing just sitting in my garage..you should use it.
2) You can totally make it! I know that is hard on everyone involved. Anytime you need a break, just let me know. Pretty soon he is going to smiling and happy all the time. (c:
Bennett did almost the same thing. I got him on zantac. It's for acid reflux, but even if you don't think he's refluxing it might help calm all that digestive business. Also, sometimes they don't spit up and are still refluxing and the symptoms are all very similar to colic. Anyway... it seemed to help Bennett some and I felt better being able to help him a little. But, you are right the best thing is time and maturation. Hang in there...
Post a Comment