Two small arms to hold you tight, two small feet to run, two small eyes full of love for you, three small sons.



Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kind of Big Boy Bed

Well, with Baby 2 on the way, I've started some transitions in my house. First, Trenton's room. He LOVES his crib. Has NEVER gotten out and when asked if he wants a big boy bed, firmly answered NO! I LOVE my bed. I am not buying another one so we started the process. I took the front off (the whole time we did this we kept telling ourselves we were crazy). We bought a safety rail (which is practically the size of the crib). The kicker is he has the freedom to get in and out. I want him to have this freedom and learn to stay in on his own BEFORE we bring home a new baby. So far he loves it and stays in until I get him in the morning. Only one bump in the road so far.....naptime today. I heard him messing around on the monitor (as usual for naptime) and decided to check in. He had like 20 books, all his tools/nails/screws, and about 10 stuffed animals in there. We had a little chat about the rules of a big boy bed. We'll see how this goes. I can't wait to order the bedding I have picked out for his twin bed and change things up a bit. I took off the skirt, bumper, and changed the lamp (no more baby lamp). Things are looking a little plain for now I guess.


The essentials...Mr. Ribbits-check, Teddy-check, Puppy-check. Ohhhh and now cupholder...big check check!!

The other morning I caught Trenton on my bed with the bag of Marshmellow Mayteys (my fav). He was dumping them out, picking out the marshmellows...who am I to judge.


Look at that face.....guilty!!!

2 comments:

Dina said...

I am glad you like the girl bedding. The company is called New Arrivals and the name of the bedding is Flea Market Baby. I have seen different places to order it, but it is kind of expensive. I am going to try to order it wholesale...if I am having a girl. I will find out in about a month. If I am able to order it wholesale I will let you know! We can both get it.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

John, Brittney, and Trevor said...

We did the same thing for Trevor with his bed. We were about to start trying for Cruz and didn't want Trev to adjust to having a brother or sister AND a new bed, and potty training. So we got them out of the way before Cruz came. We put the rail up and he did great. Trenton will adjust and get use to it before baby comes home. He is a smart little guy!! Hope your feeling well and can't wait to see his new big boy room!!