Two small arms to hold you tight, two small feet to run, two small eyes full of love for you, three small sons.



Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Night Dinner

I'm still going!!  I made dinner 2 nights in a row!  Tonight is Chicken Pot Pie.  It took me exactly 10 min start to finish to make this.  I bought a rotisserie chicken on my way home and pulled that apart (I only use the breasts and legs).  Here's the recipe....

Disclamer-I am fully aware that I'm using 2 cans of condensed soup and a CAN of vegetables which really isn't that great...but this is still a step up for me....baby steps people.


2 cans cream of potato soup
1-16 oz can vetg-all (drained)
2 cups cooked chicken (I used the breasts and legs of 1 chicken)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp thyme (I do not use this-thyme is too strong for me!)
1/2 tsp pepper
2-premade pie crusts (they come in a box of 2...I use great value)

Mix all ingredients together and spoon into pie crust (pressed into a pie pan of course).  Cover with the 2nd crust and press edges down with a fork.  Cut 4 slits in the top.  Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.


2 comments:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Look at you go Mrs. Domestic! Ha! I have been menu planning too--the only way to not eat out every meal or be stressed at dinner time for me. I love it....when I am disciplined enough to do it. Ha!

Oh! BTW--how did I not know Amy was pregnant?????

Lauren Lashlee said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe... it is yummy! I am with you though- skip the thyme! I tweaked it just a tiny bit and plan to put it on my blog. : )