No pics this time. Sorry. Just a funny story...
Went to see Santa Thurs. evening at the mall. Before we left the house, Trenton put his paci "PAC" in a baggie and wanted to bring it to Santa so he could give it to a baby this Christmas... I know what you are thinking, it can't really be that easy, can it? We'll get to that answer in a few..
Trenton runs through the mall, pac in hand ready to give it to Santa. I am so excited I am almost running too. We are 3rd in line, Trenton is getting a little nervous now that he sees Santa up close. When it is his turn, he walks up to Santa, gives him the paci, says "for the babies now" and says "blue car" and walks away. This kid doesn't have time for chit chat. We coaxed him back and he did end up sitting a smiling for a nice picture.
I would love to tell you that IT WAS in fact that easy giving up the paci. That night, at bedtime, Trenton gets his "blank" and says "Where's my pac?" I remind him that Santa has it now and he matter of factly replies "oh yeah". Still going smoothly.....
I listen to the monitor 2HOURS after he went to bed and he is just a talking and having a good ole time. I go in and he wants his pac.
I reply, "Santa has it, and he went home."
Trenton: "Well get a new one"
Me: " I don't have a new one" (honestly)
Trenton: "Go to the store" (weeping)
I feel so bad at this point that I decide to go digging for ANY OLD paci. I found and old nuk paci from when he was an infant (he never liked/used) in a baggie by the old bottles. He happily took it and is more excited than ever to have a "new paci". So not only are we back to square one but maybe even worse.!!!! HA
My other news.......I'm pregnant! 12 weeks today in fact. 1/3 of the way there! Heart rate was 170 yesterday, which is exactly what Trenton's was at that appt. Hmmmmm....we're thinking boy. It's a Trumbo, of course it's a boy!
We are really excited about 2010! I'm due June 26th. The countdown is on!
Blog events (not for publishing)
1 year ago


5 comments:
I am still soooo excited!! Reid is too he just doesn't know it yet!! Ha.
Congrats!!!!!
Congrats!!!!! I am so excited for y'all. How are you feeling? Please keep us updated!!
Congrats!!!! THat is great news.
Congratulations!!! So happy for you guys! Two boys isn't so bad :)
Post a Comment